Our Employment Services is dedicated to assisting people with developmental disabilities who need additional support obtaining and maintaining employment. Our focus is to provide comprehensive placement services by conducting community-based assessments and using a person-centered approach. The program is staffed by a Director of Community Employment and Employment Specialists who customize the program’s capacities according to the needs of the person. In addition to “on the job” coaching services, our program also provides additional benefits in career counseling, job development, intensive job training and ongoing support as-needed. The people in our program are productive members of the greater community who are supported throughout their employment tenure by specialists who are focused on their success.
Numerous community-based sites around the Capital Region employ the people in our program. Below is our list of employers who presently work with WWAARC.
- Atria Place – Delmar
- AVI Foods – Siena Fresh, Siena College
- Bethlehem Library
- Carrabba’s – Latham
- General Control Services – Green Island
- Goodwill Industries – Albany
- Great Escape Lodge Water Park
- Hannaford Supermarket – Altamont, Guilderland, and Voorheesville
- Hewitt’s – Glenmont
- Lowes – Latham
- Market 32 – Colonie, Glenmont, and Slingerlands
- Market Bistro – Latham
- McDonald’s – Colonie
- NYS Education Dept.
- Party City – Albany
- Peter Harris – Delmar
- Pho Yum – Albany
- Price Chopper – Cohoes and Warrensburg
- Red Lobster – Colonie
- SAIL – Southern Adirondack Independent Living Center
- Square Nail Rustics
- Texas Road House – Colonie
- The Beverwyck & Terrace at Beverwyck
- The Dollar Store – Albany
- TJ Maxx – Queensbury
- Walmart Stores – Glenmont and Latham
- Walmart.com – Albany
- WWAARC Administrative Support Dept.
- WWAARC Building & Grounds Dept.
- WWAARC Food Service Dept.
- WWAARC Gone for Good Bottle Redemption Center Queensbury
- WWAARC Janitorial Department
- Harriman Campus Building 8 & 12
- Attorney General Warehouse – Albany
- WWAARC – Krumkill Rd. Building
- WWAARC – Delmar Day Hab
- WWAARC QIDP Dept.
- WWAARC Training Dept.
- WWAARC Transportation Dept.
If you or your loved one is looking to find the right employment opportunity, or if you are an employer interested in hiring someone for a special niche, or bringing diversity and enrichment to your workplace, contact WWAARC today. WWAARC Community Employment is the right choice for a successful employment experience.
- Employers – for more information, click here.
- To contact or speak with a member of our community employment team, please click here.
For more information:
Michelle Bielawa, Program Director at (518) 935-4458, Cell (518) 937-8290, Fax: (518) 615-2177
To get in contact with us please click Here