WE NEED YOUR HELP!
The Arc New York and New York Disability Advocates (NYDA) are working to oppose proposed cuts that would slash funding to OPWDD voluntary providers. We need your voices to join the call. You can use our online advocacy platform to send letters to Governor Cuomo and OPWDD opposing the cuts with just one click. A template letter, talking points and advocacy tips are also available for download in PDF and word formats. Please share these advocacy resources widely with your network and encourage families, staff, self-advocates and community members to send letters by July 1.
Become a Member
The Power of Membership
Why should I become a WWAARC Member?
There is no better benefit of being a member than providing WWAARC with a stronger voice at the local, state and national levels. By becoming a member, you will allow us to:
- Advocate for the people we support
- Increase our awareness within our community in order to encourage society-wide acceptance of the people we support
Who can become a member?
- Anyone whose principal place of residence or employment is in Warren, Washington or Albany County
- A person who receives or have received services from WWAARC
- A blood relative or the legal guardian of a person who receives or have received services from WWAARC
- A current employee of WWAARC