Direct Support Professional – Registered Apprentice
WWAARC is offering a UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY!!! WORK as a WWAARC DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL – REGISTERED APPRENTICE AND your SUNY Adirondack TUITION and other applicable college expenses will be paid* for! Our Direct Support Professionals provide direct support to people who have intellectual and other developmental disabilities.
You do not need to follow the college semester schedule to be accepted – acceptance can happen at any time. To be a WWAARC DSP-RA you can work Full-Time, Part-Time, or Per Diem as a DSP. Do you already attend SUNY Adirondack? Apply today to be a WWAARC DSP-RA and your tuition could be paid* Gain practical experience while getting paid and get paid to attend SUNY ADK*. Upon successful completion of the DSP-RA program, you will also get a base rate increase from WWAARC.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Teach independence through everyday skills training, including daily living activities, preparing meals, and assisting with personal care.
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain a rapport with people while providing a safe and supportive environment for individual growth.
- Organize, plan, and attend recreational outings to ensure, maintain, and grow community inclusion of the people you support.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Required qualifications include a valid driver’s license that meets WWAARC insurability standards.
- Must be 18 years of age and have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to complete required daytime paid training and participate in a SUNY and NYS Department of Labor sponsored training program to include classroom study at SUNY Adirondack’s main campus in Queensbury.
- No Prior Experience Necessary. Extensive Paid/Flexible Training
Anticipated Shifts: This is available to WWAARC Full-Time, Part-Time, and Per Diem DSPs. Shifts vary. Schedules are created to enhance the supports we offer. Potential to make your own schedule!!! Direct Support Professionals start at $13.80!
*Some restrictions apply for the DSP-RA program. Must be accepted into the WWAARC DSP-RA program & SUNY ADK. SUNY ADK & DSP-RA requirements must be followed and adhered to.
Apply: Our application can be found in our Career Opportunities Tab.
WWAARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans, gender identity, sexual orientation
To apply for this job please visit wwaarc.org.