Public Relations and Development Specialist
Warren Washington & Albany Counties ARC currently has a PT20 Public Relations and Development Specialist position available. The P.R. and Development Specialist will report directly to the Deputy Executive Director, Business & Employment Services, and has responsibility for operations of the following areas: Liaison and Foundation Board coordinator, special events, website management, social media management, membership database management, development and maintenance of marketing materials, donor database management, family forums, fundraising, correspondence, government and public relations and providing administrative support for all initiatives (current and new). This is based out of our Southern location.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Communications, or Business is preferred.
- Three years of experience in project management, fundraising, and/or public relations is preferred.
- Must be an effective communicator in both written and oral forms.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess the ability to understand and implement technical information that may come from oversight and outside agencies and explain such information to all levels of the organization in a useful and understandable format.
- Must possess the ability to manage a variety and multitude of tasks at any one given time and effectively triage acute issues.
- Must possess the ability to support projects both operationally and from a financial perspective including appropriate data analysis.
- Must gain a thorough working knowledge of relevant OPWDD regulations, policies, and statutes.
- Must complete Bloomerang Database Training.
Monday – Friday 20 hours, flexible to agency needs. Evenings and weekends as needed.
What’s in it for You:
- Work where you AND the work you do are valued
- Positive work environment, with advancement potential, for dedicated professionals
- Generous planned time off, and sick time, group health & dental insurance, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plans, HSA & FSA
- Work for an agency that welcomes and supports: the diversity, individuality, and individual expression of our employees and the people we support
Apply: A WWAARC completed application is required. Applications can be submitted on our website at www.WWAARC.org or contact ApplyatWWA@caparcny.org to have the application emailed/mailed to you.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, WWAARC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a protected veteran, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.