Direct Support Professional
Multiple Positions are located throughout Albany County including: Guilderland, Slingerlands, Albany, Ravena, and Latham!
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP), no two days are the same – just like no two people are the same! At WWAARC, We Value You AND the Work You Do! Work where you can have fun and make a difference. Potential to make your own schedule!!! Direct Support Professionals start at $13.80! No Experience Necessary – Extensive/Flexible Paid Training!
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Teach independence through everyday skills training, including daily living activities, preparing meals, and assisting with personal care.
· Develop, cultivate, and maintain a rapport with people while providing a safe and supportive environment for individual growth.
· Organize, plan, and attend recreational outings to ensure, maintain, and grow community inclusion of the people you support.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must be at least 18 years of age
· Valid driver’s license under WWAARC’s insurability guidelines required. Some positions can accommodate non-drivers
· No Prior Experience Necessary. Extensive Paid/Flexible Training
· Compassion about the care and well-being of others while fostering independence is required.
· The right candidate will believe in our vision to secure a future where all people with intellectual or other developmental disabilities are respected for their individuality and where their diversity is celebrated.
What’s in it for You:
· Work where you and the work you do are valued
· Full time, Part-time, and Per Diem available
· Flexible schedules available – Days, Evenings, Overnights, Weekends
· Extensive Paid Training offered: days, evenings, and weekends.
· Positive work environment, with advancement potential, for dedicated professionals
· Generous planned time off, and sick time, group health & dental insurance, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plans, HSA & FSA
· Work for an agency that welcomes and supports: diversity, individuality, and individual expression of our employees and the people we support.
To Apply: A WWAARC completed application is required. Applications can be submitted on our website at www.WWAARC.org or contact ApplyatWWA@caparcny.org to have the application emailed/mailed to you.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, WWAARC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a protected veteran, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.