Direct Support Professional
Discover the Rewards of a Career in Direct Support!
What does it mean to be a Direct Support Professional? DSP’s are mentors, they’re coaches, they’re cheerleaders, they’re confidants, they’re believers, they’re positive change agents and they’re friends. Who wouldn’t want to be a DSP?! You can make an impact in someone’s life every day.
In the words of a DSP and parent advocate…”Under the guidance, care and support of a Direct Support Professional, my son grew into a successful member of an adult community and forged a bond with her (the DSP) that he was never given the opportunity to do, until she came into our lives. She (the DSP) helped my son grow into the kind and caring man that he is today.”
Multiple Positions located throughout Albany County including Guilderland, Slingerlands, Albany, Ravena, and Latham! Our Direct Support Professionals work in Day Programs and Residential Group Homes.
No Experience Necessary – Extensive/Flexible Paid Training!
Responsibilities and Duties:
· DSPs teach independence through everyday skills training, including daily living activities, preparing meals, and assisting with personal care.
· Develop, cultivate, and maintain a rapport with people while providing a safe and supportive environment for individual growth.
· Organize, plan, and attend recreational outings to ensure, maintain, and grow community inclusion of the people you support.
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age
· Valid driver’s license under WWAARC’s insurability guidelines required. Some positions can accommodate non-drivers
· No Prior Experience Necessary. Extensive Paid/Flexible Training
· Compassion about the care and well-being of others while fostering independence is required.
· The right candidate will believe in our vision to secure a future where all people with intellectual or other developmental disabilities are respected for their individuality and where their diversity is celebrated.
What’s in it for You:
· WWAARC – We Are Accepting, Respectful, Caring
· Full time, Part-time, and Per Diem available
· Direct Support Professionals start at $16.00
· Potential to make your own schedule. Flexible schedules available – Days as early as 6:00 am, Evenings, Overnights, Weekends
· Extensive Paid Training offered: days, evenings, and weekends.
· Positive work environment, with advancement potential, for dedicated professionals
· Generous planned time off, and sick time, group health & dental insurance, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plans, HSA & FSA
· Work for an agency that welcomes and supports: diversity, individuality, and individual expression of our employees and the people we support.
·$0.75 Shift Differential for All Regular Awake DSP hours worked Sun-R 12:00am-6:00am
·$1.50 Shift Differential for All Regular Awake DSP hours worked Fri-Sat 12:00am-6:00am
·DSP-RA: Potential for free college tuition!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, WWAARC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a protected veteran, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.